skip to main content
:::

Taibao City Office

歡迎來到Taibao City Office網站

Taibao City Office網站

History

  • taibao city office

    Taibao was originally named Gouwei Village, which was later divided into Cian Gouwei (present day Taibo Village) and Hou Gouwei (present day Houjhuang Village). During the reign of Emperor Dao Guang (1821-1850), General Delu, who was the teacher of the crown prince, passed away in this area. Thus, the Ching court promoted General Delu and changed the name of Cian Gouwei to Taibao (an official title given to the teacher of the crown prince) to commemorate him.  In July 1991, the administration center of Chiayi County was moved to Taibao and Taibao was promoted from a township to a city.

open footermenu close foorermenu